ORCA is a brand and digital agency based in Bristol. We create experiences that spark a positive impact on the world, for brands that we admire and products that inspire. We work with the bold, the brave, the challengers and the disruptors.
We're a close-knit bunch of obsessively creative, driven individuals who thrive on a challenge. Together we create extensive visual identities and digital campaigns for both the national and global markets. We have a fervent belief in using design to incite change and make a difference to people's lives, in the way they communicate and how they interact with design. We call it 'Starting a Movement'.
We believe in culture first, which in turn encourages great design, happy people and long-standing client relationships. We support collaboration and personal expression, encouraging the team to challenge themselves daily and try new things. We have built a fun, enjoyable and relaxed working environment, and we believe this is reflected in the quality of our work.
ORCA have teamed up with Kickstart to hire a creative Marketing Executive with a strong strategic mind to craft compelling brand and marketing campaigns that deliver results.
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media and digital marketing; someone who is passionate and excited about the industry and can adapt to the constant challenges and changes within it.
What you’ll do
Work with Marketing Manager to...
- Develop ideas and generate both proactive and reactive content to share across multiple digital platforms
- Write creative editorial content including blogs, articles, features and email campaigns
- Brief in designers and developers to request assets for specific campaigns
- Assist in the management of the digital marketing schedule to ensure weekly and monthly deadlines are met
- Input into SEO, PPC and other forms of digital advertising
- Ensure ideas are realistic and achievable and seek to find the best solution within allocated time and budget
- Attend meetings, pitches, workshops and presentations; participate in conversation and take detailed notes to aid analysis
- Carry out regular social media audits, competitor analysis, audience research and influencer research
- Liaise directly with clients as required to coordinate campaign activity
- Define target audiences, demographics, cultural sectors and other customer groups to influence brand positioning
- Analyse data trends and consumer behaviour to define company positioning
- Assess the performance of events, advertising and digital campaigns to inform future campaigns and marketing activity
- Stay up-to-date on consumer behaviour and market trends to identify insights, challenges and opportunities
- Develop and implement campaigns for measurable ROI
- Manage ORCA brand comms
- Strategise award submissions, budgets and targets
What you’ll bring
- An education in Marketing would be preferable but not essential
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present your ideas
- A detailed understanding of all major social media platforms and how best to utilise them
- Creative copywriting skills
- A naturally organised and proactive spirit
- Versatility and the ability to manage your own schedule
- Ability to listen, learn and take constructive feedback
- A collaborative, energetic and hungry approach to learning and progressing. Positive vibe
Preferable but not essential
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- An understanding of email marketing software such as MailChimp
- An understanding of scheduling software such as Later
- Creative copywriting skills
- A knowledge of working with website backend CMSs
What you’ll get in return:
- National Living Wage
- 21 days annual holiday (which increases with length of service) plus your birthday and the Christmas shutdown period off
- Training and personal development budget to further benefit your skill-set and career
- In-house and remote working opportunities
- Team away days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual tickets to dev/creative events, talks and festivals
Additional Employability Support
Employability Skills Training: This will be provided for our placement by our Gateway organisation, WorkAdvisor. A ten-week e-learning programme covering all the requirements of the scheme. Progress will be monitored by WorkAdvisor and the employer.
Employability Skills modules:
- Understanding mindset
- Understanding motivation
- Problem-Solving at Work
- Taking part in a project
- Working in a team
- Working with Colleagues
- Job Application Skills
- Writing a CV
- Job Search Skills
- There is great potential for the right person to grow with us, becoming a Marketing Manager and having the freedom to develop their own marketing team, with a commensurate increase in salary.
What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme is a 6 month paid job with a local employer, funded by the Government.
You can apply for a Kickstart Scheme if you are:
- Claiming Universal Credit
- 16 to 24 years old
Duration: 25 hours per week for 6 months
Salary: 100% of National Living Wage for 25 hours for a total of 6 months.
To apply: If you are the game changer we seek, please apply through your Universal Credit login. See full details here.