ORCA is a brand and digital agency based in Bristol. We create experiences that spark a positive impact on the world, for brands that we admire and products that inspire. We work with the bold, the brave, the challengers and the disruptors.
We're a close-knit bunch of obsessively creative, driven individuals who thrive on a challenge. Together we create extensive visual identities and digital campaigns for both the national and global markets. We have a fervent belief in using design to incite change and make a difference to people's lives, in the way they communicate and how they interact with design. We call it 'Starting a Movement'.
We believe in culture first, which in turn encourages great design, happy people and long-standing client relationships. We support collaboration and personal expression, encouraging the team to challenge themselves daily and try new things. We have built a fun, enjoyable and relaxed working environment, and we believe this is reflected in the quality of our work.
ORCA seeks a web developer, comfortable writing both backend and frontend code, to join our passionate and ambitious team. With a wealth of new digital and development opportunities kicking off in 2021, we’re looking to add a brilliant, independent and driven developer to the team.
What you’ll do
- Manage all of ORCA’s internal and external sites
- Work autonomously and independently on your own projects and own your individual workflow
- Contribute to the technical scoping of projects in both estimation & discovery phases
- Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages
- Oversee the completion of regular backups of website files and databases
- Create detailed written or recorded website guides for clients
- Collaborate on new web builds and strategic digital campaigns
- Assist with the planning and production of new, digital side projects
- Attend client kick off workshops and meetings to offer your expertise and advice
What you’ll bring
- A portfolio of previous website accomplishments – must be heavily design-lead – and a keen eye on modern design trends
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present technical topics to internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience in working with WordPress and Shopify templates
- A knowledge of JAMstack headless CMS solutions such as Craft or Contentful
- Knowledge of developer tools such as CodeKit or PrePros and version control tools like GIT
- Experience with testing and debugging
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Understanding of DNS configuration, CDNs and SSL certificate
- An insatiable curiosity and a hunger for problem solving
- A desire to learn, listen, progress and collaborate
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive annual salary
- 21 days annual holiday (which increases with length of service) plus your birthday and the Christmas shutdown period off
- Training and personal development budget to further benefit your skill-set and career
- Company pension scheme
- In-house and remote working opportunities
- Team away days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual tickets to dev/creative events, talks and festivals
- There is great potential for the right person to grow with us, becoming a Senior Developer and having the freedom to develop their own technical team, with a commensurate increase in salary.
Application Deadline: Monday 13th September 2021
August Interviews: Friday 17th September 2021
Salary: 30-40k p/a depending on experience
If you are the game changer we seek, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: Web Developer Role
Content: A short explanation of why you feel you’re the best person for this role (150 words max), along with your C.V, a link to your LinkedIn, any other relevant socials and some examples of recent development projects
No recruiters please.